You've found the piece you love, now what? Making sure your artwork stays pristine from our gallery to your wall is our priority; that's why we offer bespoke framing and expert hanging services with every purchase from Helm. But knowledge is power, and it should be shared. Whether you're a first timer or a seasoned collector, here are some pointers on handling and hanging.
Paper is a natural product – there are certain ways to handle it safely and effectively
- Your print will bend naturally in one direction or the other. Go with whichever way the paper naturally folds when rolling or handling your print.
- Use gloves where possible – especially for hand-finished prints or original works.
- Your print will come either flat-packed or rolled in a tube. It is best to keep it stored like this prior to framing.
- For further information on print-handling and instructions please visit our website. (Referring to a possible page with video instructions, if not disregard this line)
Any framed piece that you purchase will come with the appropriate fixtures to hang. They will have one of the following:
- Cord: This is a strong, specialist string that will be found on the majority of our pieces. We recommend hanging with a singular screw securely drilled into an appropriate wall.
- Strap-hangers: For heavier pieces, the frame will have two fixings on opposite ends of the frame. This type of fixing requires two level screws, hook each fixing on to one of the screws – do not attach string or cord to these fixtures.